Action! Big Blind! Raise! Flush! Straddle Bets! If these terms sound familiar to you, then you are a poker aficionado, or maybe someone who is passionate to learn about Poker. If that is the case then this article is for you.
What is Online Poker?
Online poker is the game of poker played over the Internet. Introduced in the extreme latter phase of the 20th century, it has been partly responsible for a huge increase in the number of ole777 login players worldwide.With the decreasing data & smartphone cost, all over India, & a social revolution, more and more Indians are switching to it.
According to KPMG, the online gaming industry in India shows an estimate of an average Rs 4,380 crore (FY18), which is projected to grow at a CAGR of 22.1 percent to touch Rs 11,880 crore by FY2023. Within this, the online card games are growing at 35-40% percent year-on-year.The number of online operators like happyluke pantip has also tremendously increased and it is believed that there are more than 3 million active poker players in India at present.
Some online Poker houses:
Some household names in the world of hosting Poker online in India are, PokerBaazi, Adda 52, Spartan Poker, Poker Stars & 9 Stacks, etc.
Some advantages that online card gaming platforms leverage to its base can be listed as:
- No moral pressure of tipping the dealer, unlike in live poker.
- Most online poker rooms permit playing on more than one table which adds to more profit.
- Individuals can wager within their budget, even in pennies.
What are the different types of Poker card games that are popular in India?
- Texas hold ‘em Poker – This is wide, the most popular Poker variant in India as well as globally.
- Teen Patti – The Indian version of Texas hold ‘em.
- Omaha holds ‘em – This is a game similar to Texas hold ‘em. The difference between the two is the number of hole or pocket cards received by each player.
Conclusion: What is the future of online poker in India?
Over the past few months, nearly 50 lakh players have signed up for it in India.
With the easing hold of government on these bodies, the future of online Poker is bright. A gradual and steep increase will contribute to the economy 7 global gaming industry which will have its equal perks & losses.